Occupational Health and Safety
DRC Drilling has a ‘no-compromise’ attitude in its commitment to the health and safety of all persons in the workplace. It implements this commitment through its Health and Safety Management System, which is interwoven into all roles and activities within the organisation.
DRC Drilling takes all reasonable and practical steps to not only meet, but also exceed requirements in order to achieve the goal of zero-harm in the workplace. It is achieved through:
- Complying and exceeding all applicable health and safety legislation, as well as National and International Standards of Best Practice;
- Providing safe plant and equipment; providing appropriate health and safety training for all relevant persons;
- Regular monitoring of performance and providing constructive feedback when and where necessary;
- Encouraging a positive reporting culture in which everyone is empowered to stop unsafe behavior;
- Continuously refining the DRC Drilling Health and Safety Management System, using appropriate internal and/or external expertise when appropriate;
- Maintaining a culture of regular safety reviews and audits;
- Being thorough and continuously fine-tuning the company’s Incident Reporting Procedures;
- Providing a network of support and a comprehensive rehabilitation process.
DRC Drilling monitors and maintains its systems to ensure they reflect amendments in relevant legislation and standards.
DRC Drilling aims to satisfactorily complete projects for clients while adhering to specific requirements and all relevant national and international standards and legal obligations. It collaborates with key stakeholders and maintains an open dialogue to ensure environmental impacts are avoided or minimised.
Environmental objects and targets are set and reviewed within the company, which has key environmental management and performance indicators against its operations. These indicators are monitored and reported to foster a company-wide responsibility and ownership of environmental activities, plus to continue to build a strong, environmentally aware corporate citizen.